ORLANDO, Fla. – Franklin & Marshall closed out its Florida Spring Break trip with a perfect 2-0 record on Thursday afternoon after downing Scranton by a 7-2 tally. The non-conference women's tennis match moved the Diplomats to 2-3 on the year while the Royals fell to 9-3.
By the Numbers
F&M carried a two of three doubles matches to roll into singles play with a narrow lead. The Diplomats cruised from there by winning four contests in straight sets and five of six overall to roll to the win. Alex Collins was particularly dominant at No. 4 with a 6-1, 6-1 win.
The win over Scranton improved the Diplomats to 3-0 all-time versus the Royals and marked the first meeting since 1992.
1. Allison Wolters/Sarah Haas (FMCW) def. Julia Frattaroli/Nastashia DeNunzio (SCRWT18) 8-4
2. Stefana Vujinovic/Alex Collins (FMCW) def. Emilia Jakubek/Tatiana Klacko (SCRWT18) 8-6
3. Emily Kelly/Elyse Smilnak (SCRWT18) def. Marissa Witmer/Emma Wu (FMCW) 9-8 (7-2)
1. Allison Wolters (FMCW) def. Julia Frattaroli (SCRWT18) 6-1, 6-2
2. Sarah Haas (FMCW) def. Nastashia DeNunzio (SCRWT18) 6-3, 6-2
3. Emma Wu (FMCW) def. Emilia Jakubek (SCRWT18) 7-5, 6-7 (4-7), 1-0 (10-5)
4. Alex Collins (FMCW) def. Tatiana Klacko (SCRWT18) 6-1, 6-1
5. Emily Kelly (SCRWT18) def. Stefana Vujinovic (FMCW) 6-4, 6-4
6. Alex D'Angelo (FMCW) def. Elyse Smilnak (SCRWT18) 6-3, 6-2
Order of Finish
Doubles (1,2,3); Singles (4,1,6,2,5,3)
F&M returns to the courts on Saturday, March 24 when the Diplomats travel to Ursinus and open Centennial Conference (CC) competition with a 1:00 p.m. contest.