ORLANDO, Fla. – A dominant 8-1 victory got Franklin & Marshall's Florida Spring Break trip off to a strong start as the Diplomats downed Ithaca on Wednesday evening in non-conference women's tennis competition.
F&M improved to 1-3 on the year while the Bombers fell to 2-4.
By the Numbers
Leading by a slim 2-1 score following doubles action, the Diplomats swept all six singles contests for the impressive win. Five of the six matches were decided in straight sets, including Alex Collins' 6-1, 6-1 rout at No. 4 and freshman Alex D'Angelo's 6-1, 6-0 triumph at No. 6.
1. Allison Wolters/Sarah Haas (FMCW) def. Caroline Dunn/Sara Steinberg (ITH) 8-4
2. Brianna Ruback/Taylor Ginestro (ITH) def. Alex Collins/Stefana Vujinovic (FMCW) 8-4
3. Emma Wu/Marissa Witmer (FMCW) def. Parley Hannon/Sam Brown (ITH) 8-1
1. Allison Wolters (FMCW) def. Brianna Ruback (ITH) 6-3, 6-3
2. Sarah Haas (FMCW) def. Caroline Dunn (ITH) 6-2, 4-6, 1-0 (10-6)
3. Emma Wu (FMCW) def. Taylor Ginestro (ITH) 6-1, 6-4
4. Alex Collins (FMCW) def. Sara Steinberg (ITH) 6-1, 6-1
5. Stefana Vujinovic (FMCW) def. Parley Hannon (ITH) 6-0, 6-3
6. Alex D'Angelo (FMCW) def. Sam Brown (ITH) 6-1, 6-0
F&M wraps up its spring break trip against Scranton today at 11:00 a.m.