SWARTHMORE, Pa. – Franklin & Marshall women's tennis battled the nation's No. 40 team Swarthmore but fell short by a 6-3 score on Saturday evening in Centennial Conference (CC) competition.
The Diplomats (ranked No. 11 in the Atlantic South region) dropped to 11-4, 7-2 CC with the decision while the Garnet improved to 9-4, 7-0 CC.
By the Numbers
After falling by a 3-0 doubles sweep, F&M battled back by taking three singles matchups. Allison Wolters (No. 1) continued her dominance with a 1-6, 7-5, 10-7 victory over the region's No. 18 player Emma Kassan. The win was Wolters' 13th straight, as she remained a perfect 9-0 in the Centennial.
Three of the six singles matches went to three sets with the Diplomats winning each.
1. Allison Wolters (FMCW) def. Emma Kassan (SWATW) 1-6, 7-5, 10-7
2. Vivien Fernandez (SWATW) def. Nicole Russo (FMCW) 6-4, 6-2
3. C.J. Rummelsburg (FMCW) def. Julia Gokhberg (SWATW) 6-3, 1-6, 10-7
4. Gavriel Rubenstein (FMCW) def. Alli Wong (SWATW) 1-6, 7-6 (7-4), 10-2
5. Maria Cuervo (SWATW) def. Alex Collins (FMCW) 6-2, 6-0
6. Arya Jemal (SWATW) def. Jingzi Wu (FMCW) 6-2
CC Playoff Picture
F&M has secured one of the five CC Playoff spots and can clinch a first-round bye with a win over Washington.
The Diplomats close out the regular season on the road against Washington next Saturday at 12:00 p.m.