LANCASTER, Pa. – The duo of Danielle Weiner and Valeri Harteg paired up for a doubles win, Franklin & Marshall's only victory of the day, as the Diplomats dropped an 8-1 decision to Swarthmore Saturday in women's tennis action. F&M closed out the regular season with a final record of 6-10, 2-8 Centennial Conference (CC), while the Garnet head into conference playoffs with a record of 10-4, 8-1 CC.
Weiner and Harteg defeated Luann Cignavitch and Alexis Hickman 9-8 (3-1) in number two doubles. In the number one spot, Meredith Lackey and Dana Russo were blanked by Rosie DuBrin and Emily Rosenblum 8-0.
In number one singles, DuBrin defeated Lackey 6-4, 6-1. Danielle Weiner fell 6-4, 6-1 to Rosenblum in the number two spot. In the number three spot, Russo was defeated by Stephanie Chia by scores of 6-2, 6-2.
Harteg fell 7-5, 6-4 to Hickman in the number four spot, and Katie Ertel was defeated by Cignavitch 6-2, 6-1 in the number five spot. The Diplomats forfeited one singles match and one doubles match.
Saturday marked the end of the 2010 season for the Diplomats.
Swarthmore vs. Franklin & Marshall
April 24, 2010 at Lancaster, Pa.
Swarthmore 8, Franklin & Marshall 1
1. Rosie DuBrin (SWAT) def. Meredith Lackey (F&M) 6-4, 6-1
2. Emily Rosenblum (SWAT) def. Danielle Weiner (F&M) 6-4, 6-1
3. Stephanie Chia (SWAT) def. Dana Russo (F&M) 6-2, 6-2
4. Alexis Hickman (SWAT) def. Valeri Harteg (F&M) 7-5, 6-4
5. Luann Cignavitch (SWAT) def. Katie Ertel (F&M) 6-2, 6-1
6. No player (SWAT) def. No player (F&M), by forfeit
1. Rosie DuBrin/Emily Rosenblum (SWAT) def. Meredith Lackey/Dana Russo (F&M) 8-0
2. Danielle Weiner/Valeri Harteg (F&M) def. Luann Cignavitch/Alexis Hickman (SWAT) 9-8 (3-1)
3. No player/No player (SWAT) def. No player/No player (F&M), by forfeit
Swarthmore 11-4 (9-1 CC)
Franklin & Marshall 6-10 (2-8 CC)
Official: Pam Bucher T-3h A-43