ALLENTOWN, Pa. – For the second time in as many matches, Katie Ertel picked up Franklin & Marshall's only win as the Diplomats women's tennis team fell to Muhlenberg 8-1 in a Centennial Conference (CC) match-up Thursday afternoon. F&M fell to 6-9, 2-7 CC, while the Mules improved to 5-8, 4-5 CC.
Ertel easily defeated Amanda von Taube in number five singles by scores of 6-2, 6-2 to give the Diplomats their sole point of the day. In the number one spot, Meredith Lackey was downed by Caitie Druker 6-4, 6-0, and Danielle Weiner fell 6-0, 6-4 to Sara Sutker in the number two spot.
Dana Russo was defeated 6-1, 6-3 by Danielle Winston in the number three spot, and number four Valeri Harteg fell to Lindsay Schmidt 6-1, 6-4.
Lackey and Russo paired up to take on Druker and Sutker in doubles action, but were edged 8-5. Weiner and Harteg were blanked 8-0 by Chelsey Waldron and Deniz Uzel.
The Diplomats host Swarthmore on Saturday, April 24 at 1 p.m. for their final match of the regular season.
Franklin & Marshal vs. Muhlenberg
April 22, 2010 at Allentown, Pa.
Muhlenberg 8, Franklin & Marshall 1
1. Caitie Druker (MUHL) def. Meredith Lackey (F&M) 6-4, 6-0
2. Sara Sutker (MUHL) def. Danielle Weiner (F&M) 6-0, 6-4
3. Danielle Winston (MUHL) def. Dana Russo (F&M) 6-1, 6-3
4. Lindsay Schmidt (MUHL) def. Valeri Harteg (F&M) 6-1, 6-4
5. Katie Ertel (F&M) def. Amanda von Taube (MUHL) 6-2, 6-2
6. Chelsey Waldron (MUHL) def. No player (F&M), by forfeit
1. Caitie Druker/Sara Sutker (MUHL) def. Meredith Lackey/Dana Russo (F&M) 8-5
2. Danielle Winston/Lindsay Schmidt (MUHL) def. Danielle Weiner/Valeri Harteg (F&M) 8-0
3. Chelsey Waldron/Deniz Uzel (MUHL) def. No player/No player (F&M), by forfeit
Franklin & Marshall 6-9 (2-7)
Muhlenberg 5-8 (4-5)