LANCASTER, Pa. - Franklin & Marshall's No. 21 ranked women's squash team dropped their season opener against No. 6 Penn. by an 8-1 score on Saturday afternoon in day one of the Pennsylvania Cup.
The Diplomats fell to 0-1 and will take on No. 18 Dickinson tomorrow in the Consolation match. The Quakers moved to 1-0 on the year and will face No. 9 Drexel in tomorrow's Final.
By the Numbers
F&M's lone victory came at the No. 9 spot in the order when Julia Bevan was awarded a win by default. Six of the other eight matchups resulted in straight-game sweeps. Emily Bartos forced her opponent to four games at No. 3 after taking the second by an 11-9 score, while Liana Zranchev also played to four games at No. 7.
1. Reeham Sedky (PENN) def. Ellen Verry (FMCW) 11-1, 11-3, 11-2
2. Jessica Davis (PENN) def. Emily Knapp (FMCW) 11-6, 11-5, 11-1
3. Simran Arora (PENN) def. Emily Bartos (FMCW) 13-11, 9-11, 11-3, 11-5
4. Julia Buchholz (PENN) def. Katherine Galambos (FMCW) 11-6, 11-7, 11-3
5. Lindsey Stanley (PENN) def. Grace Smith (FMCW) 11-0, 11-5, 11-0
6. Clare Kearns (PENN) def. Pratiksha Mishra (FMCW) 11-6, 11-4, 11-3
7. Nicole Windreich (PENN) def. Liana Zranchev (FMCW) 9-11, 11-7, 11-4, 11-2
8. Margaret Frantz (PENN) def. Katie Anderson (FMCW) 11-3, 11-6, 11-7
9. Julia Bevan (FMCW) def. Mikaela Quinn (PENN), by default
F&M will aim to bounce back in tomorrow's Consolation round against Dickinson at 12:00 p.m.