CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Franklin & Marshall's No. 20 women's squash team downed No. 24 Colby by an 8-1 tally on Saturday morning in the consolation round of CSA Team Championships – Walker Division, hosted by Harvard.
The victory was the second this season over Colby, as the Diplomats improved to 3-15 and advanced to tomorrow's Consolation Final. The Mules fell to 9-12 with the defeat.
Sunday's final is slated for a 9:00 a.m. start with F&M taking on No. 22 Hamilton, who advanced with an 8-1 win over St. Lawrence. The Diplomats are 13-7 all-time against Hamilton.
To follow along with Sunday's competition, click here.
By the Numbers
F&M cruised to five sweeps on the day and blanked its opponents in each of the No.'s 7-9 spots in the order. The Diplomats other three wins occurred in four-game contests, including the No. 4 position where Ellen Verry overcame an opening-frame loss to secure three straight.
Katherine Galambos continued a team-best, five-match winning streak with her 3-1 victory at No. 5.
The win streak against Colby was extended to six consecutive victories, dating back to the 2009-10 season.
1. Sherilyn Yang (FMCW) def. Devin Mullaney (COLB) 11-3, 11-5, 11-8
2. Lauren Johnston (FMCW) def. Madiha Molani (COLB) 11-5, 11-4, 9-11, 11-3
3. Andreina Benedith (FMCW) def. Julianna Song (COLB) 11-4, 11-7, 11-7
4. Ellen Verry (FMCW) def. Sydney Ku (COLB) 10-12, 11-8, 11-3, 11-9
5. Katherine Galambos (FMCW) def. Olivia Silverman (COLB) 11-6, 12-10, 6-11, 11-7
6. Lily Wain (COLB) def. Grace Smith (FMCW) 11-4, 11-6, 11-2
7. Clare Tompkins (FMCW) def. Madeline Latimore (COLB) 11-6, 11-3, 11-6
8. Liana Zranchev (FMCW) def. Sophie Langlois (COLB) 13-11, 11-6, 11-7
9. Katie Anderson (FMCW) def. Anna Gildea (COLB) 11-5, 11-4, 11-4