NEW HAVEN, Conn. – Franklin & Marshall's No. 14 women's squash team wrapped up action in the Kurtz Cup (B Division) at the 2016 CSA Team Championships on Sunday with a 6-3 loss against No. 13 George Washington in the bracket's consolation final.
The decision brought the Diplomats' season to an end with a 6-10 record while the Colonials improved to 10-8.
By the Numbers
A pair of matches went to five games on the afternoon, including Emily Caldwell's battle at No. 3. F&M's senior overcome a narrow 12-10 loss in the fourth with an 11-9 victory in the fifth to capture the win. Lauren Johnston (No. 4) and Ellen Verry (No. 7) both swept their opponents.
George Washington registered victories at both the No. 1 and No. 2 spots and controlled the lower portion of the order with wins in four of the bottom five positions.
1. Anna Gabriela Porras (GW) def. Sherilyn Yang (F&MW) 11-6, 11-5, 11-4
2. Breanne Flynn (GW) def. Fiona Murphy (F&MW) 13-11, 11-4, 11-5
3. Emily Caldwell (F&MW) def. Abby Shonrock (GW) 11-9, 3-11, 11-8, 10-12, 11-9
4. Lauren Johnston (F&MW) def. Alexa Tzarnas (GW) 11-7, 11-8, 11-6
5. Emely Levyn (GW) def. Dulakshi Elikewela (F&MW) 11-6, 11-9, 11-6
6. Mary Jo Mahfood (GW) def. Andreina Benedith (F&MW) 9-11, 11-9, 11-6, 11-7
7. Ellen Verry (F&MW) def. Mehak Chawla (GW) 11-6, 11-0, 11-6
8. Brooke Feldman (GW) def. Kate O'Brien (F&MW) 11-7, 5-11, 11-2, 11-1
9. Ginger Sands (GW) def. Cris Margaret Frias (F&MW) 9-11, 9-11, 11-9, 11-4, 11-2
Several Diplomats will return to action on Friday at day one of three at the CSA Individual Championships which are hosted by Chelsea Piers in Stamford, Conn. Information about the draws and match times will be posted on GoDiplomats.com as they become available.