CARLISLE, Pa. – Franklin & Marshall's men's tennis team delivered a 5-3 victory over Dickinson on Wednesday evening to advance to the program's eighth-straight Centennial Conference (CC) Semifinals.
F&M redeemed themselves after a 6-3 loss to Dickinson on April 24 earlier this season.
The Diplomats improved to 8-8 on the year. The Red Devils season ended with a 9-10 mark.
By the Numbers
F&M bounced back in singles action, taking four out of five in four straight-set sweeps. Senior Zack Levin battled from the No. 3 spot, taking the first set 6-3, falling in the second 4-6, and then battling back to take the third 6-2.
1. Sam Bellersen/Adith Chandavarkar (FMCM) def. Justin Pace/Derek Chen (DCM) 8-4
2. Sam Coan/Leonid Sorkin (DCM) def. Zack Levin/Isaac Salas (FMCM) 8-5
3. Joey Bolanos/Andrew Lai (DCM) def. Tristan Steffe/Andrew Pace (FMCM) 8-5
1. Leonid Sorkin (DCM) vs. Isaac Salas (FMCM) 6-2, 5-7, 4-1, unfinished
2. Sam Coan (DCM) def. Sam Bellersen (FMCM) 6-3, 6-3
3. Zack Levin (FMCM) def. Justin Pace (DCM) 6-3, 4-6, 6-2
4. Adith Chandavarkar (FMCM) def. Joey Bolanos (DCM) 6-4, 7-6 (7-4)
5. Andrew Pace (FMCM) def. Derek Chen (DCM) 6-4, 6-3
6. Adrian Charchalis (FMCM) def. Andrew Lai (DCM) 6-4, 7-6 (7-3)
F&M travels to Baltimore to take on the No. 1 seeded Johns Hopkins on Saturday at 3:00 p.m. The Diplomats fell to the Blue Jays by a 7-2 score earlier this season.