LANCASTER, Pa. – Franklin & Marshall men's tennis team clinched its tenth-straight Centennial Conference (CC) Tournament appearance with a 7-2 victory over Muhlenberg on Saturday.
The Diplomats improved to 7-8, 5-4 CC, entering the tournament as the No. 5 seed. The Mules' season ended with a 6-9, 3-6 CC record.
CC Playoff Outlook
F&M will travel No. 4 seed Dickinson in the CC First Round on Wednesday. Match time will be determined on Monday. The Diplomats dropped a hard-fought 6-3 contest against the Red Devils in Carlisle on April 24th.
By the Numbers
Senior duo Salas and Levin notched the team's only doubles win, coming away with an 8-2 victory from the No. 2 spot.
Down 2-1 going into singles action, the Diplomats exploded, sweeping all matches, all with straight-set wins. Adrian Charchalis finished out an impressive rookie regular-season, winning his sixth singles contest of the year with a 6-1, 6-0 victory from the No. 6 spot.
1. Jason Grant/Noah Sellinger (MUHL) def. Sam Bellersen/Adith Chandavarkar (FMCM) 8-3
2. Zack Levin/Isaac Salas (FMCM) def. Alex Dagilis/Noah Dunn (MUHL) 8-2
3. Eli Taylor-Kerman/Adam Kronick (MUHL) def. Andrew Pace/Tristan Steffe (FMCM) 8-7 (7-3)
1. Isaac Salas (FMCM) def. Noah Sellinger (MUHL) 6-0, 6-0
2. Sam Bellersen (FMCM) def. Alex Dagilis (MUHL) 6-0, 6-3
3. Zack Levin (FMCM) def. Jason Grant (MUHL) 7-6 (7-4), 6-3
4. Adith Chandavarkar (FMCM) def. Daniel Kantor (MUHL) 6-1, 6-1
5. Andrew Pace (FMCM) def. Gavin Meyers (MUHL) 6-0, 6-1
6. Adrian Charchalis (FMCM) def. Steven Shoemaker (MUHL) 6-1, 6-0