SWARTHMORE, Pa. – Franklin & Marshall's men's tennis team fell to No. 31 in the country Swarthmore by an 8-1 tally in Centennial Conference (CC) action on Saturday.
The loss dropped the Diplomats, who are ranked 20th in the Atlantic South Region, to 6-7, 4-3 CC while the Garnet improved to 10-11, 6-1 CC.
By the Numbers
Levin claimed F&M's lone victory from the No. 3 singles spot, battling back after dropping the first set 6-3, but taking the second set 7-6 (9-7) and winning the super tiebreaker 10-8.
1. John Lathrop/Thibault Vernier (SWATMT) def. Sam Bellersen/Adith Chandavarkar (FMCM) 8-4
2. Jiung Jung/Noah Criss (SWATMT) def. Zack Levin/Isaac Salas (FMCM) 8-5
3. Simon Vernier/Evan Han (SWATMT) def. Andrew Pace/Tristan Steffe (FMCM) 8-3
1. Jiung Jung (SWATMT) def. Isaac Salas (FMCM) 6-1, 6-1
2. John Lathrop (SWATMT) def. Sam Bellersen (FMCM) 6-1, 6-4
3. Zack Levin (FMCM) def. Thibault Vernier (SWATMT) 3-6, 7-6 (9-7), 1-0 (10-8)
4. Simon Vernier (SWATMT) def. Adith Chandavarkar (FMCM) 6-4, 6-3
5. James Hahn (SWATMT) def. Andrew Pace (FMCM) 6-2, 6-1
6. Evan Han (SWATMT) def. Adrian Charchalis (FMCM) 7-6, 6-0
F&M is at Dickinson on Wednesday, April 24 for a 4:00 p.m. matchup.