LANCASTER, Pa. – Franklin & Marshall's men's tennis team tallied its third 9-0 sweep of the season, taking down Gettysburg on Tuesday afternoon to continue an 11-match winning streak against the Bullets.
The Diplomats, who are ranked 20th in the Atlantic South Region, improved to 6-6 with a 4-2 mark in Centennial Conference (CC) action while the Bullets dropped to 5-10, 0-6 CC.
By the Numbers
First-year Adrian Charchalis won his third-straight CC singles match, coming away with a 6-1, 6-1 victory in the No. 5 spot. Five Diplomats finished singles action in straight-set wins.
1. Sam Bellersen/Adith Chandavarkar (FMCM) def. Kevin Maier/Mike Mills (GC) 8-4
2. Zack Levin/Isaac Salas (FMCM) def. Nick D'Amore/Andrew Corwin (GC) 8-3
3. Andrew Pace/Tristan Steffe (FMCM) def. Harrison Brown/Jacob Meehan (GC) 8-1
1. Sam Bellersen (FMCM) def. Nick D'Amore (GC) 6-2, 6-2
2. Zack Levin (FMCM) def. Mike Mills (GC) 6-3, 4-6, 1-0 (10-7)
3. Adith Chandavarkar (FMCM) def. Kevin Maier (GC) 6-2, 6-1
4. Andrew Pace (FMCM) def. Andrew Corwin (GC) 6-1, 6-1
5. Adrian Charchalis (FMCM) def. Harrison Brown (GC) 6-1, 6-1
6. Nicholas Hallal (FMCM) def. Patrick Bodovitz (GC) 6-2, 6-1
The Diplomats travel to Swarthmore on Saturday, taking on the No. 31 ranked Garnet at 12:00 p.m.