LANCASTER, Pa. – Franklin & Marshall's men's tennis team came away with a 7-2 victory against Washington College in Centennial Conference (CC) action on Saturday afternoon.
The win improved the Diplomats, who are ranked 20th in the Atlantic South Region, to 5-6, 3-2 CC while the Shoremen dropped to 5-5, 3-2 CC.
By the Numbers
F&M got off to a good start in doubles action with Zack Levin and Isaac Salas coming away with an 8-3 win from the No. 2 spot and Andrew Pace and Tristan Steffe tallying an 8-7 (7-5) victory in the No. 3 spot to take a 2-1 edge going into singles action.
1. Jake Sandler/Andrew Smith (WC) def. Sam Bellersen/Adith Chandavarkar (FMCM) 8-4
2. Zack Levin/Isaac Salas (FMCM) def. Kyle Hickey/Koby Bonta (WC) 8-3
3. Andrew Pace/Tristan Steffe (FMCM) def. August Meriot/Mitchell Evans (WC) 8-7 (7-5)
1. Isaac Salas (FMCM) def. Jake Sandler (WC) 6-3, 6-1
2. Sam Bellersen (FMCM) def. Kyle Hickey (WC) 7-5, 6-4
3. August Meriot (WC) def. Zack Levin (FMCM) 7-6 (7-4), 2-6, 6-3
4. Adith Chandavarkar (FMCM) def. Koby Bonta (WC) 6-2, 1-6, 6-4
5. Andrew Pace (FMCM) def. Andrew Smith (WC) 6-2, 6-1
6. Adrian Charchalis (FMCM) def. Mitchell Evans (WC) 6-1, 6-0
F&M continues CC action, hosting Gettysburg on Tuesday at 4:00 p.m.