LANCASTER, Pa. – Franklin & Marshall's men's tennis came away with a 5-3 victory against Washington College in the first round of the Centennial Conference (CC) Tournament on Tuesday evening.
The win improved the Diplomats' record to 10-8 while the Shoremen ended their season at 7-10.
By the Numbers
Andrew Pace and Will Samuels delivered the lone F&M doubles win with an 8-4 bout in the No. 3 spot. Zack Levin (No. 3) notched the first singles victory with a 6-4, 6-0 performance. Pace sealed the Diplomats fate with 7-6 (2), 6-3 triumph in the No. 6 singles spot, giving F&M the five team points needed to take the match.
1. Chris Salisbury/Jake Sandler (WC) def. Sam Bellersen/Jack Rothman (FMCM) 8-4
2. Kyle Hickey/Justin Panepinto (WC) def. Zack Levin/Isaac Salas (FMCM) 8-6
3. Andrew Pace/Will Samuels (FMCM) def. August Meriot/Luke Weaver (WC) 8-4
1. Jack Rothman (FMCM) def. Chris Salisbury (WC) 6-4, 7-6 (7-4)
2. Jake Sandler (WC) def. Isaac Salas (FMCM) 7-5, 6-1
3. Zack Levin (FMCM) def. Luke Weaver (WC) 6-4, 6-0
4. Sam Bellersen (FMCM) vs. Koby Bonta (WC) unfinished
5. Will Samuels (FMCM) def. August Meriot (WC) 6-2, 6-3
6. Andrew Pace (FMCM) def. Justin Panepinto (WC) 7-6 (7-2), 6-3
Order of Finish
Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (2,3,5,1,6*)
The Diplomats head to their seventh-straight CC Semifinal, taking on No. 1 seed Johns Hopkins on Saturday at 3:00 p.m.