LANCASTER, Pa. – Franklin & Marshall's men's tennis team closed out the regular season with a decisive 9-0 victory over Washington College in Centennial Conference (CC) action on Saturday afternoon.
The win gave the Diplomats a 9-8, 6-3 (CC) record while the Shoremen fell to 7-9, 5-4 CC.
With the decision, F&M will enter the CC Tournament as the No. 4 seed, hosting Washington on Wednesday for a rematch with the No. 5 Shoremen. Match time has yet to be determined. Check back with GoDiplomats.com early in the week for more information.
By The Numbers
Jack Rothman and Sam Bellersen delivered an 8-5 victory in the No. 1 doubles spot to get the Diplomats going. Will Samuels notched his second-straight win in the No. 5 singles spot, battling for a coming back after losing the first set 6-2 to take the second and third set by 6-1, 10-6 tallies.
1. Sam Bellersen/Jack Rothman (FMCM) def. Justin Panepinto/Luke Weaver (WC) 8-5
2. Zack Levin/Isaac Salas (FMCM) def. Koby Bonta/Andrew Smith (WC) 8-3
3. Andrew Pace/Will Samuels (FMCM) def. Jake Sandler/August Meriot (WC) 9-7
1. Jack Rothman (FMCM) def. Jake Sandler (WC) 6-3, 6-1
2. Isaac Salas (FMCM) def. Luke Weaver (WC) 6-1, 7-5
3. Zack Levin (FMCM) def. Koby Bonta (WC) 6-4, 6-0
4. Sam Bellersen (FMCM) def. August Meriot (WC) 6-4, 6-2
5. Will Samuels (FMCM) def. Justin Panepinto (WC) 2-6, 6-1, 10-6
6. Andrew Pace (FMCM) def. John Niswander (WC) 6-1, 6-1