HAVERFORD, Pa. – Franklin & Marshall's men's tennis team dropped to the No. 16 regionally-ranked Haverford team 7-2 in Centennial Conference (CC) action Saturday afternoon.
The loss put F&M at 5-5 on the year and gave the Diplomats their first CC loss to place them 3-1 while the Fords improved to 8-4, 4-0 CC.
By the Numbers
No. 3 doubles pair Andrew Pace and Will Samuels gave the Diplomats the first win with a 9-8 victory to keep F&M within one heading into doubles action. Zack Levin delivered the lone singles victory in the No. 3 spot coming back after dropping the firsts set to win the second set 6-4 and take the tiebreaker 10-7.
1. David Kong/Josh Moskovitz (HAVMTEN) def. Sam Bellersen/Jack Rothman (FMCM) 8-5
2. Dais Nakayama/Kevin Yan (HAVMTEN) def. Zack Levin/Isaac Salas (FMCM) 8-4
3. Andrew Pace/Will Samuels (FMCM) def. Pranav Krishnan/Ishaan Prinz (HAVMTEN) 9-8
1. Josh Moskovitz (HAVMTEN) def. Jack Rothman (FMCM) 6-1, 6-4
2. Kevin Yan (HAVMTEN) def. Isaac Salas (FMCM) 3-6, 6-4, 1-0 (11-9)
3. Zack Levin (FMCM) def. Ishaan Prinz (HAVMTEN) 6-7 (6-8), 6-4, 1-0 (10-7)
4. David Kong (HAVMTEN) def. Sam Bellersen (FMCM) 6-3, 5-7, 1-0 (10-7)
5. Dais Nakayama (HAVMTEN) def. Will Samuels (FMCM) 7-6 (7-4), 6-3
6. Pranav Krishnan (HAVMTEN) def. Andrew Pace (FMCM) 6-2, 6-1
The Diplomats return to action tomorrow, hosting Wilkes at the Hershey Racquet Club at 5:00 p.m.