COLLEGEVILLE, Pa. – Franklin & Marshall's men's tennis delivered a dominant start to Centennial Conference (CC) action with a 9-0 victory over Ursinus on Saturday afternoon.
The win evened out F&M's overall record at 3-3 with a 1-0 CC mark while Ursinus dropped to 6-3, 0-1 CC.
By the Numbers
Andrew Pace and Will Samuels in the No. 3 doubles position notched the first win of the day with an 8-6 win over their Bears' counterparts. Zack Levin (No. 3) garnered the first singles win going 6-3, 6-4.
This is the second-straight 9-0 sweep for the Diplomats this year.
Saturday's win over Ursinus marks the 50th victory for F&M to bring the overall record to 50-0-2 to keep the Diplomats undefeated against the Bears.
1. Jack Rothman/Sam Bellersen (FMCM) def. Max Oberholtzer/Paul Vecchio (UCMT) 8-5
2. Isaac Salas/Zack Levin (FMCM) def. C DeFaber-Schumacher/Matt Fontanese (UCMT) 8-6
3. Andrew Pace/Will Samuels (FMCM) def. Jake Lachowicz/Ryan Jang (UCMT) 8-6
1. Jack Rothman (FMCM) def. Max Oberholtzer (UCMT) 6-4, 6-2
2. Isaac Salas (FMCM) def. Paul Vecchio (UCMT) 6-3, 6-4
3. Zack Levin (FMCM) def. C DeFaber-Schumacher (UCMT) 6-3, 6-4
4. Sam Bellersen (FMCM) def. Matt Fontanese (UCMT) 6-3, 6-1
5. Will Samuels (FMCM) def. Jake Lachowicz (UCMT) 8-1
6. Andrew Pace (FMCM) def. Kyle Bookman (UCMT) 8-3
Order of Finish
Doubles (3, 2, 1); Singles (3, 2, 1, 5, 6, 4)
CC action continues as the Diplomats host McDaniel on Tuesday, March 27 at 4:00 p.m.