ORLANDO, Fla. – Franklin & Marshall men's tennis swept Scranton by a 9-0 score on Thursday afternoon to close out its Florida Spring Break trip with a 2-1 overall record for the four days.
The Diplomats brought their season record to 2-3, while the Royals fell to 5-2.
By the Numbers
No. 2 doubles partners Isaac Salas and Zack Levin got the first win of the day by an 8-3 score over their opponents. F&M's sweep in doubles action helped to propel the Diplomats to six singles win, including four straight-set victories.
1. Sam Bellersen/Jack Rothman (FMCM) def. Keller McGurrin/Tarquin McGurrin (SCRMT18) 8-5
2. Isaac Salas/Zack Levin (FMCM) def. Alexander Ochalski/Brian Harkins (SCRMT18) 8-3
3. Andrew Pace/Will Samuels (FMCM) def. Christian Aksu/Charles Swope (SCRMT18) 8-3
1. Jack Rothman (FMCM) def. Keller McGurrin (SCRMT18) 6-1, 2-6, 1-0 (10-7)
2. Isaac Salas (FMCM) def. Tarquin McGurrin (SCRMT18) 6-3, 6-1
3. Zack Levin (FMCM) def. Alexander Ochalski (SCRMT18) 6-2, 6-1
4. Sam Bellersen (FMCM) def. Charles Swope (SCRMT18) 6-4, 6-2
5. Andrew Pace (FMCM) def. Brian Harkins (SCRMT18) 6-2, 4-6, 1-0 (10-5)
6. Ilan Blask (FMCM) def. Emmett Ryan (SCRMT18) 6-2, 6-2
Order of Finish
Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (2,3,4,1,6,5)
The Diplomats open Centennial Conference (CC) action on Saturday March 24, taking on Ursinus at 1:00 p.m.