BALTIMORE, Md. – Franklin & Marshall took on No. 17 Johns Hopkins on Saturday in the semifinals of the Centennial Conference (CC) Men's Tennis Playoffs, but saw its season come to a close with a 5-1 defeat to the Blue Jays. The Diplomats end the year with a record of 7-10, while Hopkins improved to 14-2 and advanced to tomorrow's CC Finals.
By the Numbers
However, the tie was short-lived as the No. 17 Blue Jays took the final doubles match before reeling off three wins in singles play to win the match 5-1. Singles matches at No. 2, No. 3, and No. 4 were not finished as Hopkins reached the five points required to advance.
1. Jeremy Dubin (JHUM) def. Jack Rothman (FMCM) 6-0, 6-1
2. Emerson Walsh (JHUM) vs. Isaac Salas (FMCM) 6-2, 5-1, unfinished
3. David Perez (JHUM) vs. Zack Levin (FMCM) 6-2, 3-4, unfinished
4. Cody Kim (JHUM) vs. Inigo Flores (FMCM) 6-4, 1-0, unfinished
5. Aaron Carey (JHUM) def. Will Samuels (FMCM) 6-1, 6-3
6. Justin Kang (JHUM) def. Andrew Pace (FMCM) 6-2, 6-1
Order of Finish
Doubles (2,1,3); Singles (1,5,6)