NEW HAVEN, Conn. - Franklin & Marshall's No.16 men's squash team wrapped up competition at the CSA Team Championships - Hoehn Cup (B Division) Consolation Finals, hosted by Yale on Sunday morning with a tough 6-3 loss against No. 14 Cornell.
The Diplomats closed out the 2018-19 season with a 15-8 record, good for the most wins by the program since the 2013-14 season.
By the Numbers
F&M won three of the top-five spots on the ladder including a dominant 3-0 shutout from Yannis Senkel at No. 4. Cornell won the match thanks to a perfect 4-0 record at the No.'s6-9 spots.
Five contests in the order were decided in the minimum of three games while one went the distance at No. 7.
1. Shams Abbas (FMCM) def. Andy Muran (CORNELL) 11-3, 4-11, 11-2, 11-8
2. Charles Culhane (CORNELL) def. Sanjay Jeeva (FMCM) 11-7, 11-9, 11-8
3. Perry Hanson (CORNELL) def. Silvio Soom (FMCM) 11-9, 11-5, 11-3
4. Yannis Senkel (FMCM) def. Alex Dworetzky (CORNELL) 11-7, 11-7, 13-11
5. Aryan Parekh (FMCM) def. Illia Presman (CORNELL) 9-11, 11-7, 11-1, 11-5
6. Nicholas Errington (CORNELL) def. Boden Polikoff (FMCM) 11-7, 11-13, 11-8, 11-1
7. V. Luke Park (CORNELL) def. Matthew Dukarm (FMCM) 12-14, 11-6, 11-9, 10-12, 11-6
8. Yohann Surti (CORNELL) def. Ricardo Machado (FMCM) 11-4, 11-8, 11-4
9. Nikhil Arjunan Iyer (CORNELL) def. Allen Tompkins (FMCM) 11-8, 11-4, 11-8
Members of the Diplomats will return to the courts on March 1-3 for the CSA Individual Championships in Providence, R.I. Stay tuned to GoDiplomats.com for more information as it becomes available.