NEW HAVEN, Conn. - Franklin & Marshall's No. 16 men's squash team dropped the opening match of the CSA Team Championships - Hoehn Cup (B Division) by a back-and-forth 5-4 score against No. 9 Virginia on Friday.
The Diplomats fell to 14-7 with the decision while Virginia moves onto the Semifinals with a 16-5 record.
By the Numbers
The team score was tied at 3-3 until Virginia secured a 3-2 marathon win at No. 1 to put F&M on the brink of a loss. However, Matthew Dukarm fought back at No. 7 with a 3-2 win of his own to once again even the score. The deciding match went to the Cavaliers at No. 3 with a 3-1 tally as Virginia downed the Diplomats for the third time this season, each of which was by narrow 5-4 scores.
Only three contests on the ladder were decided in the minimum of three games, while three went the distance at five frames.
1. Patrick Mcelroy (UVA) def. Shams Abbas (FMCM) 12-10, 7-11, 11-4, 4-11, 11-4
2. Sanjay Jeeva (FMCM) def. Will Holey (UVA) 11-7, 11-3, 11-4
3. Silvio Soom (FMCM) def. William Braff (UVA) 11-2, 11-7, 7-11, 12-10
4. Toby Hansford (UVA) def. Yannis Senkel (FMCM) 11-6, 0-11, 11-8, 11-7
5. Aryan Parekh (FMCM) def. Grayson Bubrosky (UVA) 12-10, 11-1, 11-8
6. Glenn Yates (UVA) def. Boden Polikoff (FMCM) 11-6, 8-11, 7-11, 11-7, 11-8
7. Matthew Dukarm (FMCM) def. Jarett Odrich (UVA) 11-7, 11-9, 4-11, 8-11, 11-5
8. Andrew Braff (UVA) def. Ricardo Machado (FMCM) 11-9, 9-11, 11-6, 11-7
9. Matthew Katz (UVA) def. Allen Tompkins (FMCM) 11-2, 11-1, 11-9
F&M aims to bounce back tomorrow in the Consolation Semifinals against No. 12 Navy. Match time is set for 11:00 a.m. Fans can follow along with live results on ClubLocker.com.