ANNAPOLIS, Md. - A back-and-forth match resulted in a hard-fought 5-4 loss for Franklin & Marshall's No. 15 men's squash team against No. 13 Navy on Sunday in Maryland.
The decision brought an end to the Diplomats' regular season with a 14-6 record while Navy improved to 13-4.
By the Numbers
Tied at 3-3, F&M went ahead by one in the team score when King Bassett battled back from a 2-0 deficit at No. 7 to win three straight games. However, Navy answered with marathon 3-2 wins at No.'s 1 and 3 to hold off the Diplomats.
Each of the nine positions on the ladder went past three games with four reaching the fifth frame. F&M commanded the bottom of the order with wins at No.'s 7-9.
1. Jack Lentz (NAVY) def. Sanjay Jeeva (FMCM), by default
2. Silvio Soom (FMCM) def. Michael Kacergis (NAVY) 11-8, 11-3, 3-11, 11-5
3. Owen Davis (NAVY) def. Yannis Senkel (FMCM) 11-8, 11-5, 7-11, 11-4
4. Senen Ubina (NAVY) def. Aryan Parekh (FMCM) 6-11, 14-12, 3-11, 12-10, 11-8
5. Dylan Sweeney (NAVY) def. Boden Polikoff (FMCM) 6-11, 11-9, 11-5, 11-5
6. Jamie Kjorlien (NAVY) def. Matthew Dukarm (FMCM) 11-8, 11-5, 9-11, 11-5
7. King Bassett (FMCM) def. Ryan York (NAVY) 6-11, 6-11, 14-12, 11-3, 11-9
8. Ricardo Machado (FMCM) def. Ben Korn (NAVY) 7-11, 10-12, 11-5, 11-9, 11-7
9. Allen Tompkins (FMCM) def. Danny Finnegan (NAVY) 9-11, 11-9, 11-5, 11-4
The Diplomats are slated to return to action on Friday at the CSA Team Championships, hosted by Yale. Opponent information and match times will be decided early in the week and will be made available at GoDiplomats.com.