CANTON, N.Y. - The No. 17 Franklin & Marshall men's squash team gave No. 10 St. Lawrence all it could handle on Saturday, but came up just short in a narrow 6-3 defeat on the road.
The loss snapped a six-match winning streak for the Diplomats who fell to 6-2 on the year, while the Saints improved to 2-3.
By the Numbers
The match was knotted at 3-3 before St. Lawrence won each of the final three contests. The Saints were strong at the top of the lineup with wins in each of the top four spots. Fellow first-year's Aryan Parekh (No. 5) and Matthew Dukarm (No. 8) were bright spots for F&M with sweeps in each of their matchups.
1. M. El Gawarhy (SLU) def. Shams Abbas (FMCM) 11-2, 11-4, 11-3
2. Karim Ibrahim (SLU) def. Sanjay Jeeva (FMCM) 11-5, 11-5, 9-11, 11-5
3. Belal Nawar (SLU) def. Silvio Soom (FMCM) 11-4, 11-7, 11-8
4. Enzo Corigliano (SLU) def. Yannis Senkel (FMCM) 11-4, 6-11, 11-9, 11-4
5. Aryan Parekh (FMCM) def. George Willis (SLU) 11-6, 12-10, 11-6
6. Youssef Fikry (SLU) def. Ned Mylod (FMCM) 11-9, 11-9, 11-8
7. Kareem Elrayes (SLU) def. Boden Polikoff (FMCM) 11-9, 16-14, 9-11, 11-6
8. Matthew Dukarm (FMCM) def. Derek Ng (SLU) 11-6, 11-9, 11-7
9. King Bassett (FMCM) def. Arwan Thawani (SLU) 11-3, 11-13, 11-2, 11-8
The Diplomats close out their New York road trip tomorrow with a noon competition against No. 27 Hobart.