HARTFORD, Conn. – Franklin & Marshall's No. 19 men's squash team hung on for a 6-3 victory over No. 22 MIT on Friday night to advance into tomorrow's Summers Cup Semifinals at the 2018 Collegiate Squash Association (CSA) Championships.
The Diplomats improved to 4-15 on the year while the Engineers fell to 15-6.
Tomorrow's Semifinal match is set for a 5:30 p.m. start at the Keller Squash Center on the campus of Trinity College. F&M will square off against No. 18 Bates who upended No. 23 Colby in the First Round.
Fans can follow along with live brackets, available here.
By the Numbers
With the Diplomats ahead by a 4-2 score, MIT began to mount a comeback. The Engineers secured a come-from-behind 3-2 win at No. 4 to pull the team score within one before F&M's No. 1 player Sanjay Jeeva clinched the match with a thrilling 3-2 win at the top of the ladder.
Only one of the nine contests resulted in a straight-game sweep with four going the distance at five frames. The Diplomats were dominant at the top of the order, winning each of the No.'s 1-3 positions.
F&M improved to 10-1 in the all-time series against MIT and has now won six straight.
1. Sanjay Jeeva (FMCM) def. Joe O'Connor (MIT) 4-11, 11-7, 11-8, 8-11, 12-10
2. Silvio Soom (FMCM) def. V. Paul Kukadia (MIT) 11-8, 8-11, 11-9, 11-5
3. Yannis Senkel (FMCM) def. Henry Martin (MIT) 11-9, 5-11, 11-7, 11-8
4. William Wu (MIT) def. Samm Fulton (FMCM) 11-4, 9-11, 11-13, 11-5, 11-9
5. Boden Polikoff (FMCM) def. Jeffrey Hu (MIT) 13-11, 11-3, 11-8
6. Justin Restivo (MIT) def. King Bassett (FMCM) 11-7, 8-11, 11-7, 12-10
7. Ricardo Machado (FMCM) def. Brad Levin (MIT) 11-9, 12-14, 6-11, 11-9, 11-7
8. Robert Williamson (MIT) def. Frank Murray (FMCM) 11-5, 11-13, 11-6, 11-4
9. Jackson McCord (FMCM) def. Neel Das (MIT) 11-2, 11-8, 11-13, 2-11, 11-5