LANCASTER, Pa. – Franklin & Marshall's No. 13 women's squash team was dealt an 9-0 loss against No. 7 Columbia on Thursday in Lancaster.
The Diplomats fell to 1-5 with the defeat while the Lions improved to 3-2 on the year.
By the Numbers
With F&M playing shorthanded, only eight contests took place on the Mayser courts with the ninth being decided by default. Columbia collected seven sweeps on the day while Clare Tompkins picked up the Diplomats lone game at the No. 5 spot after an 11-2 victory in the second. However, Tompkins was ultimately upended by a hard-fought 3-1 tally.
In the all-time series, F&M last beat the Lions back in the 2009-10 season but has now dropped six straight.
1. Tanvi Khanna (COLW) def. Lauren Johnston (FMCW) 11-2, 14-12, 11-2
2. Maddie O'Connor (COLW) def. Ellen Verry (FMCW) 11-5, 11-2, 11-2
3. Jui Kalgutkar (COLW) def. Katherine Galambos (FMCW) 11-8, 11-3, 11-4
4. Colette Sultana (COLW) def. Kate O'Brien (FMCW) 11-5, 11-4, 11-4
5. Addie Fulton (COLW) def. Clare Tompkins (FMCW) 11-3, 2-11, 11-1, 11-0
6. Maya Patel (COLW) def. Melissa Epstein (FMCW) 11-2, 11-8, 11-5
7. Diana Masch (COLW) def. Liana Zranchev (FMCW) 11-1, 11-5, 11-3
8. Adele Bernhard (COLW) def. Kendyl Kratzer (FMCW) 11-1, 11-1, 11-0
The Diplomats return to the courts on Tuesday, traveling to Stanford for the program's winter break trip to take on the Cardinal for the first time since 2006-07. Match time is set for 7:00 p.m. EST.