LANCASTER, PA - Dickinson College captured the #3-6 singles matches and the #2 and #3 doubles matches to edge Franklin & Marshall College 5-2 in Centennial Conference men's tennis competition at the Hempfield Recreation Center courts.
The win clinches the fourth and final berth in the inaugural Centennial Conference men's tennis playoff tournament for the Red Devils, as Dickinson will travel to Washington College on Saturday to face the top-seeded Shoremen in the semifinals,
Against Dickinson, the pairing of Ben Michelman (Jr., Severna Park, MD/Severn) and Andrew Mayer (Sr., West Chester, PA/East) recorded an 8-2 victory over Eric Schroeder and Jackson Parmenter at #1 doubles, but the Red Devils notched 8-1 and 8-6 victories at #2 and #3 doubles, respectively, to take the point.
In singles, Alex Levy (Sr., West Windsor, NJ/Lawrenceville) handled Rob Isaacs 6-3, 6-2 at #1 and Mayer dropped Whit McFarlane 4-6, 7-6 (7-2), 10-6 for the Diplomats' points.
Franklin & Marshall concludes the season 5-10 and 3-5 in the Centennial Conference.
Dickinson 5, Franklin & Marshall 2
1. Alex Levy (F&M) def. Rob Isaacs (D), 6-3, 6-2
2. Andrew Mayer (F&M) def. Whit McFarlane (D), 4-6, 7-6 (7-2), 10-6
3. Trevor Heck (D) def. Ben Michelman (F&M), 7-6, 6-2
4. Rich Rosenthal (D) def. Seth Cruice (F&M), 6-1, 6-1
5. Eric Shroeder (D) def. Dave Janerich (F&M, 6-2, 6-0
6. Brent Shoemaker (D) def. Brett Joseph (F&M), 6-1, 6-1
1. Michelman/Mayer (F&M) def. Schroeder/Parmenter (D), 8-2
2. McFarlane/Rosenthal (D) def. Levy/Janerich (F&M), 8-1
3. Isaacs/Shoemaker (D) def. Joseph/Cruice, (F&M), 8-6