Haverford Handles Franklin & Marshall 6-1 in Men's Tennis
LANCASTER, PA - The Franklin & Marshall College men's tennis team fell to 9-5 on the year as the Diplomats dropped a 6-1 decision to Haverford College in Centennial Conference action.
The Fords took the doubles point as Haverford captured #1 and #2 by scores of 8-5 and 8-2, while the Diplomats' team of Alex Levy (So., West Windsor, NJ/Lawrenceville) and Alex Sanchez-Sierra (Jr., Tangier, Morocco/American College of Tangier) rolled to an 8-4 win at #3.
In singles, Dan Lindenberg (Jr., Niskayuna, NY/Niskayuna) picked up a 6-1, 6-4 win over Randy Moon at #4 for the only bump as Haverford rolled through the matches.
Franklin & Marshall will continue the season on April 15 at home versus McDaniel. Match time is set for 3:30 p.m.
Haverford 6, F&M 1
(1) Carl Lederman (H) def. Alex Chester (F&M), 6-1, 6-1
(2) Aaron Scherb (H) def. Alex Levy (F&M), 7-5, 6-0
(3) Elmar Trust (H) def. Andrew Mayer (F&M), 6-1, 6-0
(4) Dan Lindenberg (F&M) def. Randy Moon (H), 6-1, 6-4
(5) Harrison Lee (H) def. Alex Sanchez-Sierra (F&M), 6-2, 6-2
(6) Matt Stein (H) def. Ben Michelman (F&M), 6-1, 6-2
(1) Lee/Scherb (H) def. Chester/Lindenberg (F&M) 8-5
(2) Lederman/Stein (H) def. Mayer/Michelman (F&M) 8-2
(3) Levy/Sanchez-Sierra (F&M) def. Curtis Fentress/Trust (H) 8-4