LANCASTER, PA - Franklin & Marshall College won all six singles matches and the #2 and #3 doubles matches to defeat Penn State-Berks 7-0 in men's tennis.
In singles, Alex Chester (Sr., Coral Gables, FL/Palmer-Trinity) defeated Blake Hertzog 6-0, 7-6 (5) at #1, Joakim Stenbeck (Fr., Westport, CT/Green Farms) upended Sean Mathew 6-2 (retired), Andrew Mayer (Jr., West Chester, PA/East) dropped Jeff Roecker 6-0, 6-0 at #3, while Ben Michelman (So., Severna Park, MD/Severn School), Bryan Pilkington (Fr., Lebanon, PA/Lebanon Catholic) and George Stamboulis (Jr., Ekali, Greece/American Community School) were victorious at #4, #5 and #6, respectively, to take the win.
Franklin & Marshall (6-4. 2-1 Centennial Conference) will continue the season on April 14 at home versus Gettysburg College. Match time is set for 3:30 p.m.
Franklin & Marshall 7, PSU-Berks 0
1) Hertzog/Mathew (P) def. Mayer/Pilkington (F&M), 8-7 (12-10)
2) Levy/Michelman (F&M) def. Roecker/Pennypacker (P), 8-1
3) Seth Cruice/Josh McGuiness (F&M) def. Gustein/Keyes (P), 8-0
1) Alex Chester (F&M) def. Blake Hertzog (P), 6-0, 7-6 (5)
2) Joakim Stenbeck (F&M) def. Sean Mathew (P), 6-2, retired
3) Andrew Mayer (F&M) def. Jeff Roecker (P), 6-0, 6-0
4) Ben Michelman (F&M) def. Shane Pennypacker (P), 6-0, 6-0
5) Bryan Pilkington (F&M) def. Marc Gustein (P), 6-0, 6-0
6) George Stamboulis (F&M) def. Ryan Keyes (P), 7-5, 6-3