ALLENTOWN, PA - Franklin & Marshall College swept the doubles match and captured five of the six singles matches to record a 6-1 win over host Muhlenberg College in Centennial Conference men's tennis action.
Playing indoors due to snow and rain in the Lehigh Valley, the Diplomats opened the match with a trio of victories in doubles as the pairings of Andrew Mayer (Sr., West Chester, PA/East)/Ben Michelman (Jr., Severna Park, MD/Severn School), Alex Levy (Sr., West Windsor, NJ/Lawrenceville School)/Charles Alston (Jr., Summit, NJ/University School) and Seth Cruice (So., Darien, CT/Greens Farms)/Dave Janerich (Fr., Kingston, PA/Wyoming Seminary) notched victories at #1, 2 and 3, respectively.
In singles, Levy fell to Adam Nodiff 0-6, 6-3, 6-4 at #1, but the Diplomats swept the remaining five matches to improve to 5-8 on the season, 3-3 in Centennial Conference play.
Mayer led the way in singles coasting by Jesse Kirschenbaum 6-1, 6-1 at #2, while Janerich notched a 6-1, 6-2 victory at #6.
Franklin & Marshall will continue the season on April 18 at Haverford College in Centennial Conference action. Match time is set for 4:00 p.m.
Franklin & Marshall 6, Muhlenberg 1
(1) Mayer & Michelman (F&M) def. Kirschenbaum & Wernick (M), 9-7
(2) Charles Alston & Levy (F&M) def. DiVita & Ryan Paskin (M), 8-6
(3) Cruice & Janerich (F&M) def. Brick & Tim Ness (M), 8-2
(1) Adam Nodiff (M) def. Alex Levy (F&M), 0-6, 6-3, 6-4
(2) Andrew Mayer (F&M) def. Jesse Kirschenbaum (M), 6-1, 6-1
(3) Ben Michelman (F&M) def. Brian Wernick (M), 4-6, 6-4, 6-1
(4) Seth Cruice (F&M) def. Mike DiVita (M), 4-6, 6-2, 6-1
(5) Ben Hart (F&M) def. David Weiss (M), 7-6 (7-5), 6-7 (6-8), (10-5)
(6) Dave Janerich (F&M) def. Andrew Brick (M), 6-1, 6-2