Washington Handles F&M 7-0 in Men's Tennis
LANCASTER, PA - The Franklin & Marshall College men's tennis team fell to 9-4 on the year as the Diplomats dropped a 7-0 decision to #18 Washington College in Centennial Conference action.
For Washington, the win marks the program's 118th straight conference victory as the Shoremen improved to 86-0 all-time in the Centennial Conference with the win.
The Shoremen swept doubles as Washington took #1 and #2 by 8-1 scores and picked up an 8-4 win at #3.
In singles, Pete Taylor knocked off Alex Chester (Jr., Coral Gables, FL/Palmer-Trinity) 6-3, 6-1 at #1, while Vivian Chhetri dropped Alex Levy (So., West Windsor, NJ/Lawrenceville) 6-1, 6-1 at #2 as the Shoremen swept through doubles to record the win.
Historically, F&M is now 2-17 in the series as the Diplomats last defeated Washington 5-4 on April 13, 1956.
Franklin & Marshall will continue the season on April 13 at Haverford. Match time is set for 4:00 p.m.
Washington 7, F&M 0
(1) Pete Taylor (W) def. Alex Chester (F&M), 6-3, 6-1
(2) Vivian Chhetri (W) def. Alex Levy (F&M), 6-1, 6-1
(3) Arturo Solis (W) def. Andrew Mayer (F&M), 6-0, 6-1
(4) Asfand Farouk (W) def. Dan Lindenberg (F&M), 6-0, 6-1
(5) Maciek Prytula (W) def. Alex Sanchez-Sierra (F&M), 6-1, 6-1
(6) Tim Riskie (W) def. Ben Michelman (F&M), 6-0, 6-3
(1) Taylor/Farouk (W) def. Chester/Lindenberg (F&M) 8-1
(2) Solis/Chhetri (W) def. Mayer/Sanchez-Sierra (F&M) 8-1
(3) Prytula/Riskie (W) def. Levy/Charlie Alston (F&M) 8-4