LANCASTER, PA - Ben Michelman (Jr., Severna Park, MD/Severn School) recorded a 6-4, 6-3 win at #1 singles and teamed with Andrew Mayer (Sr., West Chester, PA/West Chester East) to notch an 8-0 win at #1 doubles as the Franklin & Marshall College men's tennis team defeated Penn State-Berks 7-0 in intercollegiate action at the Hempfield Area Recreation Center.
The victory improves F&M to 3-0 all-time against Penn State-Berks and improves the Diplomats record to 4-7 on the season.
Mayer recorded a 6-1, 6-0 victory at #2 singles, Charles Alston (Jr., Summit, NJ/University School) won 6-0, 6-0 at #3, Seth Cruice (So., Darien, CT/Greens Farms) cruised to a 6-1, 6-0 victory at #4, Josh McGuiness (So., West Trenton, NJ/Peddie School) won 6-3, 6-0 at #5 and Brett Joseph (So., Mount Kisco, NY/Fox Lane) earned a 6-0, 6-3 victory at #6 singles.
Franklin & Marshall (4-7, 2-2 Centennial Conference) will continue the season on April 6 at home versus Washington College in Centennial Conference action. Match time is set for 4:00 p.m.
F&M 7, Penn State-Berks 0
(1) Mayer & Michelman (F&M) def. Chicco & Manu Kurvnila (PSU), 8-0
(2) Alston & Levy (F&M) def. Mathew & Uhl (PSU), 8-4
(3) Joseph & Colin Chang (F&M) def. Keyes & Konnick (PSU), 8-2
(1) Ben Michelman (F&M) def. Sean Mathew (PSU), 6-4, 6-3
(2) Andrew Mayer (F&M) def. Frank Chicco (PSU), 6-1, 6-0
(3) Charles Alston (F&M) def. Ryan Keyes (PSU), 6-0, 6-0
(4) Seth Cruice (F&M) def. Brad Remps (PSU), 6-1, 6-0
(5) Josh McGuiness (F&M) def. Chris Uhl (PSU), 6-3, 6-0
(6) Brett Joseph (F&M) def. Chris Konnick (PSU), 6-0, 6-3