Johns Hopkins Handles Franklin & Marshall 5-0 in Men's Tennis
BALTIMORE, PA - Johns Hopkins University swept the doubles matches and rolled to wins at #1, 2, 3 and 6 in singles to down Franklin & Marshall College 5-0 in Centennial Conference men's tennis.
After sweeping doubles, JHU's Channot Vasoontara handled Alex Chester (Sr., Coral Gables, FL/Palmer-Trinity) 6-3, 6-2 at #1 singles, while Kevin Ma defeated Alex Levy (Jr., West Windsor, NJ/Lawrenceville) 6-3, 6-1 at #2. At #3, Rafael Roberti outlasted Andrew Mayer (Jr., West Chester, PA/East) before Justin Lee overcame a deficit to defeat Ben Michelman (So., Severna Park, MD/Severn) 2-6, 6-2, 6-3.
Franklin & Marshall (3-3. 1-1 Centennial Conference) will continue the season on April 6 at York College of Pennsylvania. Match time is set for 3:30 p.m.
Johns Hopkins 5, Franklin & Marshall 0
1) Vassontara & Matt Naftilan (JH) def. Chester & Dan Lindenberg (F&M), 8-2
2) Nick Kennedy & Justin Belisario (JH) def. Andrew Mayer & Pilkington (F&M), 8-4
3) Rafael Roberti & Mike Kelly-Sell (JH) def. Joakim Stenbeck & Levy (F&M), 8-2
1) Chanont Vasoontara (JH) def. Alex Chester (F&M), 6-3, 6-2
2) Kevin Ma (JH) def. Alex Levy (F&M), 6-3, 6-1
3) Rafael Roberti (JH) def. Andrew Mayer (F&M), 6-3, 7-6
6) Justin Lee (JH) def. Ben Michelman (F&M), 2-6, 6-2, 6-3