GETTYSBURG, PA - The Franklin & Marshall College men's tennis team improved to 8-3 on the year as the Diplomats handled Gettysburg College 6-1 in Centennial Conference action.
F&M (8-3, 3-0 Centennial Conference) dominated doubles as the pairing of Alex Chester (Jr., Coral Gables, FL/Palmer-Trinity) and Andrew Mayer (So., West Chester, PA/East) coasted past the Bullets Hans Hardisty and Andrew Smith 8-6 at #1. Ben Michelman (Fr., Severna Park, MD/Severn School) and Alex Sanchez-Sierra (Jr., Tangier, Morocco/American College of Tangier) rolled past Foster Post and Chris Lohmann 8-6 at #2, and Alex Levy (So., West Windsor, CT/Lawrenceville School) and Charlie Alston (So., Summit, NJ/University School) stopped Robert Szymanski and Cory Chamberlain 8-4 at #3 for the doubles point.
In singles, Hardisty held off Chester 4-6, 6-3, 6-1 at #1 for the Bullets only point as F&M closed out the match with a flurry as the Diplomats won #2-6.
The victory raises F&M's record to 85-12-2 all-time against Gettysburg in men's tennis as the Diplomats have won six straight matches over the Bullets dating back to a 4-3 loss at Gettysburg on April 22, 1998.
F&M 6, Gettysburg 1
(1) Hans Hardisty (G) def. Alex Chester (F&M), 4-6, 6-3, 6-1
(2) Alex Levy (F&M) def. Foster Post (G), 6-4, 6-3
(3) Andrew Mayer (F&M), Andrew Smith (G), 6-3, 6-2
(4) Alex Sanchez-Sierra (F&M) def. Robert Szymanski (G), 6-3, 7-5
(5) Ben Michelman (F&M) def. Cory Chamberlin (G), 6-0, 6-2
(6) Charlie Alston (F&M) def. Chris Lohmann (G), 6-3, 6-4
(1) Chester/Mayer (F&M) def. Hardisty/Smith (G) 8-6
(2) Sanchez-Sierra/Michelman (F&M) def. Post/Lohmann (G) 8-6
(3) Levy/Alston (F&M) def. Szymanski/Chamberlin (G) 8-4