COLLEGEVILLE, PA - Franklin & Marshall College won the #3 doubles and #6 singles matches by default for the winning margin as the Diplomats defeated Ursinus College 5-2 in Centennial Conference men's tennis action.
In doubles, the team of Alex Levy (Jr., West Windsor, NJ/Lawrenceville School) and Charles Alston (Sr., Summit, NJ/University School) stopped Ryan Metcalf and Tim Seibert of Ursinus 8-3 at #2 before the team picked up a default victory at #3 to earn the doubles point.
In singles, Andrew Mayer (Sr., West Chester, PA/East) defeated Jason Brown 0-6, 7-6 (7-3), 10-7 at #2, Seth Cruice (So., Darien, CT/Greens Farms) swept Metcalf 6-1, 6-0 at #3 and Ben Hart (So., Princeton, NJ/George School) downed Greg Hoffman 6-1, 6-4 at #4 before the team took the #6 match by default for the three point victory.
The win improves Franklin & Marshall to 38-0-2 all-time against Ursinus as the Diplomats have taken 38 consecutive victories over the Bears.
Franklin & Marshall (3-6, 2-1 Centennial Conference) will continue the season on April 1 at Johns Hopkins University in Centennial Conference competition. Match time is set for 2:00 p.m.
F&M 5, Ursinus 2
(1) Isser/Brown (U) def. Andrew Mayer/Cruice (F), 8-3
(2) Levy/Charles Alston (F) def. Metcalf/ Seibert (U), 8-3
(3) F&M won by default
(1) Ben Isser (U) def. Alex Levy (F&M), 6-2, 6-1
(2) Andrew Mayer (F&M) def. Jason Brown (U), 0-6, 7-6 (7-3), 10-7
(3) Seth Cruice (F&M) def. Ryan Metcalf (U), 6-1, 6-0
(4) Ben Hart (F&M) def. Greg Hoffman (U), 6-1, 6-4
(5) Tim Seibert (U) def. Colin Chang (F&M), 3-6, 6-3, 10-4
(6) F&M won by default