LANCASTER, PA - The Franklin & Marshall College men's tennis team swept all six singles matches and the three doubles matches to blank host McDaniel College 7-0 in Centennial Conference men's tennis.
At #1, Alex Chester (Sr., Coral Gables, FL/Palmer-Trinity) handled Aaron Taylor 6-0, 6-2, while Joakim Stenbeck (Fr., Westport, CT/Greens Farms) knocked off Adam Scott 6-2, 6-1 at #2 to lead the Diplomats.
The best match occurred at #5 as George Stamboulis (Jr., Ekali, Greece/American Community School) came back to defeat Mark Winkelstein 1-6, 7-6 (7-4), 10-5.
Franklin & Marshall (3-2, 1-0 Centennial Conference) will continue the season on April 2 at Johns Hopkins University. Match time is set for noon.
Franklin & Marshall 7, McDaniel 0
1) Chester & Pilkington (F&M) def. Taylor & Reed (M), 9-7
2) Michelman & Stenbeck (F&M) def. Scott & Graybill (M), 8-0
3) Stamboulis & McGuiness (F&M) def. Winkelstein & Heinrich (M), 8-3
1) Alex Chester (F&M) def. Aaron Taylor (M), 6-0, 6-2
2) Joakim Stenbeck (F&M) def. Adam Scott (M), 6-2, 6-1
3) Bryan Pilkington (F&M) def. Corey Graybill (M), 6-0, 6-2
4) Ben Michelman (F&M) def. Chris Reed (M), 6-2, 6-2
5) George Stamboulis (F&M) def. Mark Winkelstein (M), 1-6, 7-6 (7-4), 10-5
6) Josh McGuiness (F&M) def. Ted Heinrich (M), 6-1, 6-1