SWARTHMORE, Pa. – Wins in five out of six singles matches powered No. 27 Swarthmore to a 7-2 victory over Franklin & Marshall on Saturday afternoon in men's tennis action.
The Garnet improved to 10-10, 7-0 CC with the win, while the Diplomats fell to 6-8, 5-3.
By the Numbers
Isaac Salas and Andrew Pace continued their steady production at No. 3 doubles, winning 8-6 for a seventh win in eight matches. However, Jack Rothman and Inigo Flores suffered a tough 9-8 (7-5) defeat at No. 1, and Swarthmore won at No. 2 to take a 2-1 edge into singles action.
Will Samuels won a three-setter at No. 5, tallying a 3-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-7) decision. Still, the other five singles matches went to the Garnet, giving the hosts a 7-2 win.
1. Mark Fallati (SWATM) def. Jack Rothman (FMCM) 6-1, 6-3
2. John Larkin (SWATM) def. Isaac Salas (FMCM) 6-1, 6-4
3. Simon Vernier (SWATM) def. Zack Levin (FMCM) 7-5, 6-3
4. Josh Powell (SWATM) def. Inigo Flores (FMCM) 7-5, 6-1
5. Will Samuels (FMCM) def. Ari Cepelewicz (SWATM) 3-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-7)
6. Michael Song (SWATM) def. Andrew Pace (FMCM) 8-1
F&M finishes out CC and regular-season play on Saturday, visiting Washington at 12:00 p.m.