LANCASTER, Pa. – Ross Silverberg picked up Franklin & Marshall's lone singles win and Cameron Relic and Eric Rouff teamed up for a doubles win, as the Diplomats fell to Swarthmore 7-2 in Centennial Conference (CC) men's tennis action Saturday. Franklin & Marshall heads into conference playoffs with a record of 10-8, 6-3 CC, while the Garnet hold a record of 9-9, 8-1 CC.
In number one singles, Silverberg earned a 6-3, 6-4 victory over Stephen Youngblood. Zak Kelm defeated Doug Silverstein 7-5, 7-5 in the number two spot, and Relic fell 6-3, 7-6, 5-3 to Mark Wee in the number three spot.
Rouff fell to Maxwell Bressman in the number four spot by scores of 6-2, 6-2. In the number five spot, James Tunner was defeated by Malikm Mubeen 6-4, 6-3, and Peter Bookman fell 6-2, 6-2 in the number six spot to James Wieler.
Relic and Rouff picked up a doubles win for the Diplomats, defeating Mubeen and Wieler 9-8 (4-2) in the number three spot. Silverberg and Bookman fell to Kelm and Youngblood 8-6 in the number one spot, and Tunner and Silverstein were edged by Wee and Bresman 9-8 (7-5) in the number two spot.
Franklin & Marshall travels to Johns Hopkins for CC playoffs on Saturday, May 1.
Swarthmore vs. Franklin & Marshall
April 24, 2010 at Lancaster, Pa.
Swarthmore 7, Franklin & Marshall 2
1. Ross Silverberg (F&M) def. Stephen Youngblood (SWATMTN) 6-3, 6-4
2. Zak Kelm (SWATMTN) def. Doug Silverstein (F&M) 7-5, 7-5
3. Mark Wee (SWATMTN) def. Cameron Relic (F&M) 6-3, 7-6 (5-3)
4. Maxwell Bressman (SWATMTN) def. Eric Rouff (F&M) 6-2, 6-2
5. Malikm Mubeen (SWATMTN) def. James Tunner (F&M) 6-4, 6-3
6. James Wieler (SWATMTN) def. Peter Bookman (F&M) 6-2, 6-2
1. Zak Kelm/Stephen Youngblood (SWATMTN) def. Ross Silverberg/Peter Bookman (F&M) 8-6
2. Mark Wee/Maxwell Bressman (SWATMTN) def. James Tunner/Doug Silverstein (F&M) 9-8 (7-5)
3. Cameron Relic/Eric Rouff (F&M) def. Malikm Mubeen/James Wieler (SWATMTN) 9-8 (4-2)
Swarthmore 9-9 (8-2 CC)
Franklin & Marshall 9-6 (7-3 CC)
Official: Gloria Jaremko T-3h A-43